Safety, Health & Environmental Resource Committee
Deanna Lambert, Dow Chemical
This committee is a source for owners and contractors to learn how to improve their safety performance, latest regulatory requirements, and other issues related to safety and health of employees.
- Coordinate and support activities and programs to improve member/contractor and owner organization employees’ safety and health at their work place.
- Sponsor and facilitate HBR Contractor Safety Excellence Award Program to recognize exemplary industrial contractor safety performance. Coordinate with HASC as cofacilitators.
- Provide a forum for owners and contractors to share methods and practices that promote safe work environments throughout our worksites.
- Actively participate in alliances with OSHA and other governmental regulatory agencies to promote jobsite safety and employee health.
- Coordinate with area safety councils in providing reciprocal programs for contractor safety orientation and training, substance abuse testing, and background screening efforts.
The Safety, Health & Environmental Resource Committee meets monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 8:00 am (except July) at 5213 Center Street, Pasadena, Texas 77505, Upstairs.
The January meeting will be part of the Safety Excellence Awards Orientation each year and the June meeting will be part of the Best Practices Seminar for the Safety Excellence Award.
Materials and Information